Spreading positive thoughts
Positive Outcomes is one of the UK’s leading providers of apprenticeships and work-based training. Despite being one of the leading organisations in its sector, competition is fierce, with several rival providers vying for both candidates and apprenticeship opportunities.
Operating primarily in England, Positive Outcomes’ training advisors take to the road to allow them to interact with and support apprentices spread throughout the country. This widespread operation means Positive Outcomes needed to raise its regional profile to maximise the reach of the brand.
The introduction of the Apprenticeship Levy also sees Positive Outcomes needing to safeguard its place in the market and ensure it continues to be seen as a leading light on apprenticeships.
The firm also wanted to highlight the benefits of apprenticeships as a concept, helping to make them the go to educational route for young adults considering their next steps.
Looking to achieve this, Positive Outcomes turned to Pic PR for its PR expertise, as well as social media support to engage with apprenticeship candidates.
As an organisation, Positive Outcomes naturally produces newsworthy activity, which Pic PR was tasked with pushing into the public eye. But, in addition to publicising organic news stories relating to the firm, Pic PR also developed several creative tactics to generate press coverage. These tactics included Positive Outcomes’ 20by20 charity drive to mark its 20th anniversary, as well as industry research surrounding the opinion of both young adults and employers.
By using creative tactics, Pic PR was able to generate a continuous flow of relevant news, all of which emphasised Positive Outcomes’ preeminent position in the apprenticeships’ sector, portraying them as an authoritative industry voice.
To further underline their expertise, Pic PR also proffered commentary on industry developments, whilst also securing feature opportunities for the Positive Outcomes’ Managing Directors to advocate the benefits of apprenticeships.
Pic PR also created case studies to showcase the work of the Positive Outcomes’ team, allowing them to approach regional press relevant to where each case study business was situated.
- Since starting in October 2015, Pic PR has generated more than 260 pieces of press coverage for Positive Outcomes (as of January 2017).
- National press coverage has included The Sun, The Times, The Independent and City AM, along with television appearances on ITV Central.
- Regional coverage includes the Derby Telegraph, the Derby Times, the Nottingham Post, Bristol Post, Plymouth Herald, Liverpool Echo, Manchester Evening Post, Yorkshire Evening Post, Oxford Mail, Cambridge News, Sunderland Echo and many more.
- Trade press coverage has included People Management, HR Magazine, Hotel Owner, Boutique Hotelier, Recruitment International, Real Business, PA Life, Training Zone, Apprentice Eye and others.
- Positive Outcomes, having started on a PR retainer, recognised the agency’s ability and opted to take up Pic PR’s video expertise. The firm now has a video retainer, which sees Pic PR’s video team provide ongoing video content.