Social award winners
We’ve had a cracking week here at the Pic PR office as our work on the Feversham Arms’ social media accounts has seen them scoop up the award for Best Use of Social Media in Marketing at the Hotel Marketing Awards.
The Hotel Marketing Association is a leading professional body for hotel marketers and advocates the best marketing practice within the hospitality sector.
Over the course of 2016 we carried out a big social media campaign for the Feversham Arms hotel, centred around its key people.
The Feversham Arms has a great team of staff; from the GM, to the Head Chef through to the Spa Manager. For each key member of staff, we worked on various profile building activities as well as improving the overall social media game of the hotel.
We focused most of our attention on creating bespoke content (largely video & photography) to be used across all of the Feversham’s social media accounts.
The idea of this was to help demonstrate the Feversham’s expertise and knowledge, while also showcasing the fantastic people who work for the hotel. People buy into people after all, so highlighting the excellent staff helps to encourage guests to come to the Feversham.
Furthermore, and to really help elevate the hotel’s social media activity, and differentiate the hotel from its rivals, we identified social media as a great marketing platform to do this, as too often hotels are posting on social, but with no real thought, personality, or anything to encourage likes, shares and so on.
A few statistical highlights of our work included:
- For the first time in the last 10 years the website became the number one place for generating bookings, with 10% of the website’s traffic in 2016 coming from social media.
- Over the last year (2016) both the Feversham Arms’ Twitter account, and the Feversham Facebook page saw a 200% increase in followers and likes.
- Our social video content programme of 2016 proved a huge success in terms of engagement and building the social media following. For example, a video of the Feversham’s Food and Beverage Manager making the hotel’s signature cocktails generated over 14,000 views, gained over 200 likes, and reached just short of 50,000 people in only 48 hours.
- In just a few months we injected the friendly, approachable personality that is very much at the heart of the hotel into all its social comms. As a result, its Twitter followers increased from 1,000 to over 6,700 in the space of just a few months.
- The hotel’s gift vouchers are only promoted through social now, and gift voucher sales increased by 200% in 2016 bringing in a good source of income each month, something that can be directly attributed to social engagement.
So, to summarise, we’re absolutely delighted with the award win! It’s a great reward for a lot of hard work. And it just serves to demonstrate that, when done right, a joined-up marketing plan, implemented on social media can help generate revenue and bookings, ultimately improving the bottom line.
The Feversham Arms is one of our retained clients, so we’re looking forward to continuing our work improving the hotel’s social media presence.